Thema geschlossen 

Themabewertung:
  • 27 Bewertungen - 3.04 im Durchschnitt
Response time for Abus 2WAY motion sensors
28-11-2013, 21:28
Beitrag: #1
Response time for Abus 2WAY motion sensors
Hi all,

I've installed the Secvest 2WAY in my house incl. motion sensors (PET) and magnetic contacts for windows.
I've tested the buglar alarm when entering the house after a day at work, and also done "walk tests".

The magnetic contacts react almost instantly.
The motion sensors are very hard to trigger. Both in walk tast, and in real-life. I can often walk right by one without it triggering.

The motion sensors are installed according to the instructions at approx 2,3m height.

Any advice?
Alle Beiträge dieses Benutzers finden
28-11-2013, 21:51
Beitrag: #2
RE: Response time for Abus 2WAY motion sensors
Manual page14:

"Note: When delivered, the sensor cover may be set in the lowered position. Check this as a possible cause if the sensor does not detect any movement.
Attaching"
28-11-2013, 21:56
Beitrag: #3
(28-11-2013 21:51)techniker28 schrieb:  Manual page14:

"Note: When delivered, the sensor cover may be set in the lowered position. Check this as a possible cause if the sensor does not detect any movement.
Attaching"

Yes, I've read that as well. I paid special attention to that line.
I've compared the photo to the sensor's inside, but I see no match.
I simply cannot see any possible way the cover can be in the lowered position.
The thing/plastic that can flip according to the picture is not in my sensors. empty.
29-11-2013, 08:13
Beitrag: #4
I'm writing from my smartphone, so only a short note here ... Don't use PET motion sensors, this is pouring money down a rathole! They cause you exactly the mentioned problems! Is your PET a cat, just forget motion sensors. All they do is set off the lower area of the controlled area. If there is a fly above, cats will jump! The second thing is that a unwished person is able to get or creep through the sensor controlled area very easily. M.
29-11-2013, 12:14
Beitrag: #5
(29-11-2013 08:13)Mega X Sicherheitstechnik schrieb:  I'm writing from my smartphone, so only a short note here ... Don't use PET motion sensors, this is pouring money down a rathole! They cause you exactly the mentioned problems! Is your PET a cat, just forget motion sensors. All they do is set off the lower area of the controlled area. If there is a fly above, cats will jump! The second thing is that a unwished person is able to get or creep through the sensor controlled area very easily. M.

What? That can't be correct?
I mean - then the alarm system is untrustable??
02-12-2013, 07:07
Beitrag: #6
No. There's a lack of knowledge at you side. A professional would never use movement detectors in areas where pets move.
In this case you got to make sure that your first "firewall" - the detectors at the windowfront do the job. I secure those houses with a sensor that detects the breach of glas, too. The detectors from ABUS provide the possibility, to attach those sensors. Then them have to be put on the Window -rim. Not at the side, guess why Big Grin

Regards, M.
Thema geschlossen 

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste